What is Throwback Thursday?
I’ve noticed several of these memes on a few book blogs. For example, Susan Loves Books does one, which is (or was originally) hosted by Renee@It’s Book Talk. I also noticed that another fellow blogger, Lorrea @ What ‘Cha Readin’?, was doing this as a monthly meme for her blog. Then there’s Reading Maria who is doing something called “Last Year I Was Reading” where she compares what she’s reading now to what she read a year ago. Finally, recently I noticed that Susan Osborne over at A Life in Books is doing a series of posts called “Blasts from the Past“. In most instances, they use this to share one of their favorite reads or older reviews. Lorrea is doing it for books she enjoyed over the last decade. I also just noticed that Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies was doing what she called Flashback Friday, and I hope she’s still doing them! UPDATE: another blogger, Kristin Craves Books just started what she calls #ThrowbookThursday, which I thought would be about books I’d like to throw against the wall, but is actually just back list books! There’s also Susan @ A Life In Bookswith her Blast from the Past posts, which are reviews of books read and loved, from before she started blogging.
I really like all of these ideas and am essentially stealing it from ALL of them, but with my own twists.
- The Chocolate Lady’s #ThrowbackThursday takes place on the Thursday before the first Saturday of every month (ie, the Thursday before my monthly #6Degrees post).
- My posts will highlight one of my previously published book reviews, and I encourage other participants to do the same.
- If you want to participate but have a new blog that doesn’t have old reviews to highlight, you are encouraged to write a post about anything old that strikes your fancy!
- If you want to tweet or share this post, or someone else’s post, or the reviews being highlighted, please use #ThrowbackThursday!
- Please add the link to your post to the link party, below.
- Please link back to this page on your post.
So… with no further ado, I give you…
The Chocolate Lady’s Throwback Thursday Book Review #30
My review starts thusly:
“Usually, I don’t read non-fiction and biographies are often iffy since you can never tell how much of it is true and how much is rumor or gossip. As for autobiographies, well, most non-writers with interesting lives usually need a ghostwriter, which often produces stilted and/or bombastic volumes. If they don’t take a ghostwriter, they sound amateurish at best or boring at worst. Not so with “Me: Stories of My Life” by Katharine Hepburn.
Katharine Hepburn was my all-time favorite female actor in the world – if not my all-time favorite personality in general. When she passed away, I was devastated and knew I had to buy a book about her. After looking at what was on offer, I saw this book and thought it sounded different. Little did I know exactly how different it would be and what a marvelous choice I had made.”
If you like this idea, and want to do your own Throwback Thursday post, please put the link in the comments below.
If you have your own Throwback Thursday or any other type of nostalgia post, you can let me know about your blog post in this link party below. (You can also just post a link to an old review you want us to look at, without making a separate post.) I’ll keep this link party open until my next #ThrowbackThursday post (scheduled for September 1, 2022).